Each November BPW has a special focus on stopping violence against women and children, or better still, preventing violence altogether. This is driven by White Ribbon Day, a campaign held annually on 25 November that encourages men to wear white ribbons and to make a stand to stop violence against women.
Yvonne Todd, a past BPW Australia Director of Policy, developed a guide for Clubs on how to run sessions on this topic with sensitivity. It stresses the importance of allowing time in the session for women to talk and discuss the issue and sometimes to share their stories.
Also refer to the Sexual Violence Toolkit [link] developed by BPW Australia.
Other resources include:
- Domestic Violence Information Booklet (Extract):
- What is Domestic Violence: Domestic Violence Info Booklet What is DV_opt
- How It Begins and Myths & Facts: Domestic Violence Info Booklet How It Begins
- The Cycle of Violence: Domestic Violence Info Booklet Cycle of Violence
- BPW SA White Ribbon Breakfast Guidelines: Organising a White Ribbon Breakfast 2015
- Press Release: Tolerence is Not Enough BPW Media Release Silent Tolerance 4 Oct12
- Press Release: Pornography Or Pretty Pictures BPW Media Release Pornography or Pretty Pictures Oct12
- BPWA Members can also log into the Members Resource Section to download the document Technology and Sexual Violence.
BPW Australia is a friend and supporter of :