BPW Australia takes action for women's equality – at work, on boards, in leadership.
BPW supports and actively promotes personal development, provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and experience and lobbies on issues affecting women.
BPW Australia aims to unite business, professional and other working women across Australia
1. to work for women's:
· economic independence
· equal opportunity and representation in economic, civil and political life
2. to encourage and support women and girls to:
· develop their professional and leadership potential
· undertake lifelong education and training
· use their abilities for the benefit of others, locally, nationally and internationally
3. to advocate:
· for the elimination of all discrimination against women
· for human rights and the use of gender-sensitive perspectives
4. to undertake:
· national and international networking and co-operation
· non-profit projects that help women gain economic independence
· to present the views of Australian women to BPW International, responsible Australian authorities, governments, business and civil society.
These Aims are adapted from the 2011 BPW International Aims