BPW North Lakes
Candle Light Ceremony 2018
BPW North Lakes is holding a special Candle Lighting Ceremony on the Wednesday 7th March - 6.00pm
North Lakes Sports Club
36-42 Flinders Parade
North Lakes Qld 4509
BPW North Lakes members will have a special part in this Ceremony where we all get to light a candle on this special event.
Costs: Members/Partners $40 & Guest $45
Members, Partners & Friends are welcome to attend this special ceremony.
PREPAID EVENT - BOOK BY MONDAY 5TH MARCH
This Ceremony is a special tribute to one of the world’s most influential organisations, BPW International, which unites women around the world. Although its members speak in many languages and live in countries with differing traditions they share the same determination of purpose.
More than 80 years ago, BPW was founded by Dr Lena Madesin Phillips from the United States of America and a few years later she conceived the idea of the Candle Lighting Ceremony. As we perform this ceremony, we will evoke historical memories, the many accomplishments and celebrate today’s achievements.
The candles symbolize the ambitions and endeavours of dedicated women in every country around the world.
PURCHASED THROUGH BPW AUSTRALIA WEBSITE ONLY.
IF YOU NEED TO TRANSFER TO BPW NORTH LAKES ACCOUNT, PLEASE SEND REQUEST TO PRESIDENT@BPWNORTHLAKES.COM.AU
PREPAID EVENT: BOOK HERE BY 5TH MARCH:
Dietary Requirements: Advise in Registration or Email email@example.com
Enquiries - PLEASE EMAIL PRESIDENT@BPWNORTHLAKES.COM.AU OR
CALL SARA ON 0439 866 682.
- 2 Course Dinner
- Ticket into the Lucky Door Prize - Bring your Business Card or we have paper for you to write your name on.
- Promote your Business by Donating a Raffle Prize
Aims of BPW
To organise Business and Professional Women to use their abilities and strength for the attainment of the following objectives:
- To work for high standards of service in business and the professions.
- To encourage women and girls to acquire education, occupational training and advanced education, and to use their occupational capacities and intelligence for the advantage of others as well as themselves.
- To stimulate and encourage in women, awareness and acceptance of their responsibilities to the community, locally, nationally and internationally.
- To work for equal opportunities and status for women in the economic, civil and political life in all countries, and to work for the removal of all discrimination. And,
- To promote world-wide friendship, co-operation and understanding between business and professional women.