BPW North Lakes
Candle Light Ceremony
BPW North Lakes is holding a special Candle Lighting Ceremony on the Wednesday 8th March - 6.30pm
Murrumba Downs Tavern,
Corner Dohles Rocks & Ogg Rds,
MURRUMBA DOWNS QLD 4503
BPW North Lakes members will have a special part in this Ceremony where we all get to light a candle on this special event.
Costs: Members/Partners $45 & Guest $50
Members, Partners & Friends are welcome to attend this special ceremony.
PREPAID EVENT - BOOK BY MONDAY 6TH MARCH
This Ceremony is a special tribute to one of the world’s most influential organisations, BPW International, which unites women around the world. Although its members speak in many languages and live in countries with differing traditions they share the same determination of purpose.
More than 80 years ago, BPW was founded by Dr Lena Madesin Phillips from the United States of America and a few years later she conceived the idea of the Candle Lighting Ceremony. As we perform this ceremony, we will evoke historical memories, the many accomplishments and celebrate today’s achievements.
The candles symbolize the ambitions and endeavours of dedicated women in every country around the world.
PURCHASED THROUGH BPW AUSTRALIA WEBSITE ONLY.
IF YOU NEED TO TRANSFER TO BPW NORTH LAKES ACCOUNT, PLEASE SEND REQUEST TO INFO@BPWNORTHLAKES.COM.AU
PREPAID EVENT: BOOK HERE BY 6TH MARCH:
Dietary Requirements: Email email@example.com
Enquiries - PLEASE EMAIL INFO@BPWNORTHLAKES.COM.AU OR
CALL BECK ON 0466 696 416.
- Gourmet canapés
- 2 Course Dinner
- Ticket into the Lucky Door Prize - Bring your Business Card or we have paper for you to write your name on.
Aims of BPW
To organise Business and Professional Women to use their abilities and strength for the attainment of the following objectives:
- To work for high standards of service in business and the professions.
- To encourage women and girls to acquire education, occupational training and advanced education, and to use their occupational capacities and intelligence for the advantage of others as well as themselves.
- To stimulate and encourage in women, awareness and acceptance of their responsibilities to the community, locally, nationally and internationally.
- To work for equal opportunities and status for women in the economic, civil and political life in all countries, and to work for the removal of all discrimination. And,
- To promote world-wide friendship, co-operation and understanding between business and professional women.