Australian Gender Equality Council Launch 18-9-18
BPW Australia is proud to announce its membership to the Australian Gender Equality Council (AGEC).
AGEC is Australia’s first independent, national body dedicated to driving gender equality. It is committed to creating the same rights and opportunities for women when it comes to pay, superannuation, the workplace and society.
The members of BPW Australia form part of AGEC’s member network of over 500,000 women and girls. Working together, we aim to drive a cultural shift in Australia’s attitudes towards gender equality through national campaigns, underpinned by rigorous empirical research.
There are still significant inequalities in Australia – some of which are represented in the video – despite the Suffragette movement, the Women’s liberation movement of the 1970s and the ongoing work of BPW Clubs since before the Second World War.
• Women still receive on average 23% less remuneration than men
• 1 in 2 women are discriminated against at work for being mothers
• Girls receive 27% less pocket money than boys
• 1 in 5 women experience sexual violence after the age of 15
• Women are retiring on 42% less superannuation than men.
We ask you to join AGEC in the third and final wave of change.
Be part of the moment in time, the movement that one day our great grandchildren will study and admire. It’s Time.
Go to www.agec.org.au to support the third wave of change.